Monday, December 8, 2008

Chicken Parm


This recipe isn't exact. I usually just make it up as I go. It's pretty hard to ruin. This "recipe" feeds 2.

For the chicken:
1/2 cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese
2 tsp. of dried Parsley
2 T. of butter
1 clove of garlic
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in thirds

Mix the breadcrumbs, cheese and parsely together in a bowl. Sautee the garlic in the butter. Dip your chicken pieces in the butter then roll them around in the bread crumb mixture. Make sure to get as many crumbs onthe chicken as possible.

For the Marinara Sauce:
1 small can of petite diced tomatoes
1 8oz can of tomato sauce
a few dashes of dried oregano
a few dashes of dried basil
1 tsp. of sugar
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 an onion
salt and pepper

Sautee the garlic and onion in butter or olive oil. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer.

I usually top the chicken with provolone or swiss cheese, but I forgot to this last time. It makes it much prettier! My husband thinks I slaved over this meal, but I never tell him how easy it really is. Serve it with some tasty homemade garlic bread and your fave vegetable. Delish!

No comments: